God Is on the Move
And we, Heritage Church, move with Him. We quiet ourselves before Him and seek to discern His will. We create on-ramps for people to move closer to God, their purpose, and each other. We see Jesus transform lives and we celebrate those stories. Holy Spirit guides us in a journey of authentic love, intense spirituality, radical generosity, faithful risk, hopeful partnership, and passionate mission in the Quad Cities and beyond.
Are you interested in being part of the better story God is writing in our cities and around the world? Heritage Church of Rock Island, IL (the Quad Cities) is seeking a Lead/Senior pastor with confident leadership abilities and desire to reach the community.
God is on the move and we, Heritage Church, move with Him. We quiet ourselves before Him and seek to discern His will. We create on-ramps for people to move closer to God, their purpose, and each other. We see Jesus transform lives and we celebrate those stories. Holy Spirit guides us in a journey of authentic love, intense spirituality, radical generosity, faithful risk, hopeful partnership, and passionate mission in the Quad Cities and beyond.
The Quad Cities is a bi-state thriving community along the Mississippi River. Our current population is approximately 400,000, with thriving, growing communities in both Iowa and Illinois. Our Heritage family is a loving, committed congregation focused on leading people to a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Having set our roots in the Quad Cities over 60 years ago, Heritage has built a strong community of people with diverse backgrounds and has a very positive reputation in our area. Pre-COVID attendance peaked at over 3000 over the years. Changes in the community and the onset of COVID have reduced our congregation to nearly 1000, but we are now in a strong re-emerging growth pattern.
We believe that transformation in this life is possible because of the hope of the Resurrection of Jesus and the Power of the Holy Spirit at work in the lives of believers. We believe that humans bear the image of God, have inherent value and work, and are hard-wired for community. The relationship between the Trinity (Father, Son and Spirit) and who we are as His creation serve as the foundation for how we live in community and care for our neighbors.
Essential Strengths – the Ideal Candidate is:
- A committed and discerning follower of Jesus Christ who consistently builds a personal life of prayer, devotion to God’s Word and other spiritual disciplines.
- A strong leader and trustworthy person of integrity who is able to collaborate with and develop people (staff, board and volunteers).
- One who demonstrates a commitment to seek Holy Spirit and His desire for both his/her life and the way he/she stewards his/her leadership gift.
- An individual who displays both strong leadership gifts and the ability to offer those gifts with a humble Christ-like spirit.
- A Spirit-led preacher of God’s Word, whose sermons clearly and passionately intersect biblical truths with the daily lives of believers and not-yet-believers alike, leading them to action for Christ.
- This individual is clearly committed to Biblical orthodoxy and aligned with Wesleyan theology.
- The right person has a sound theological education with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree. Seminary or greater education is a plus.
- This individual is already ordained in an acceptable denomination or is in the ordination track with the Wesleyan Church.
- The candidate has served a minimum of 3-5 years in pastoral leadership in a local church. Multi-staff experience is a plus.
Employment Type: Full-time
View the Downloads for more information about the church history, current congregation, and pastoral profile. If you are sensing the Holy Spirit’s call to apply, please contact Rena Gainey.I'm Interested